Get Helpful Tips for Buying/Selling Homes from M. Panton Real Estate
Have Questions about Buying/Selling?
If you’re buying or selling your first home in Ontario, you probably have lots of questions about the process. Turn to the real estate experts at M. Panton Real Estate in Hamilton. We’ve gathered some useful tips to aid you in getting started:
Tips for Buying a Home
- Always do your homework first – if you’re building a new home, be sure to compare contractors. If you’re buying an existing home, make sure you understand any hidden costs, including land transfer fees, mortgage costs, home insurance, legal costs and title insurance.
- Never skip out on a home inspection – this helps you ensure how good of an investment the home is.
- Ask questions about the neighbourhood – asking questions such as how noisy it is, how much traffic comes through and what the neighbours are like gives you insider knowledge about how good of a fit it is for you.
- Don’t put an offer on the first house you view – while you think you may have fallen in love at first sight, be sure to check out multiple homes to make sure. Jot down pros and cons as you view each property, so they don’t all blend together in your head.
Tips for Selling a Home
- Try to depersonalize and declutter the home as much as possible – when selling a house, it might be time to pack up all of those family photos and knickknacks to make your home appear more spacious.
- Create a favourable first impression – wash all the windows, dust away those cobwebs, clean off those countertops until they sparkle and be sure to sweep all the floors. And don’t forget about your home’s exterior – fresh paint and landscaping can help attract the right buyer sooner.
- Ask your real estate agent about your competition – find out what types of other homes are on the market in your area, how much they’re asking for and their condition. Real-time comparisons will help you in the long run.
- Try to be as accessible as possible – don’t make it difficult for your agent to show your home during convenient times. Remember, foreclosed homes can be viewed at any time.
- Use social media to your advantage – don’t be afraid to let your network of friends and family know about your listing. They might know somebody looking for a home in your area or price range.
- Listen to your real estate agent – we’re experienced, knowledgeable and well-qualified to give you professional advice and recommendations. We have a successful track record of selling homes in your area for a reason.
Contact Our Hamilton Office Today
Should you not find the answer to your question here, please feel free to contact our Hamilton office. A member of our friendly, experienced staff would be more than happy to help!